Sign up to walk and strike a pose for the judges! All ages welcome!
Come dressed as your favorite video game, comic book, anime or manga character! Whatever you’re a fan of, dress up and win prizes!
Judges will sign you up and interview you throughout the day, leading up to the finale walk event at 3:00pm.
Winners will be chosen in three age categories:
young ones, tweens and teens, and adults.
Cosplay Contest Rules
Please keep in mind Fandemicon is a family friendly event when choosing a costume.
- All costumes/clothing must comply with local laws.
- Utica Public Library Policies and Procedures will still be in effect, including that shoes are required.
- Nudity or the illusion of nudity is not allowed. At a minimum, body parts that would need to be covered in a public swimming pool must be covered at the convention.
- Costumes should have only family friendly language and imagery.
- No weapons of any kind will be permitted.
- No full masks or head gear that completely conceal identity. However, face make-up and partial masks are permitted.
Large elaborate costumes are encouraged, however please allow room for patron traffic.
FANDEMICON, and the Utica Public Library, reserves the right to ask an attendee to change if their clothing (or lack thereof) is deemed inappropriate. Click here for more information on FANDEMICON Rules & Conduct.
Cosplay Contest Judges
|Jesse “Pixy” Bartholomew – Fashion Designer
Currently Jesse is a fashion designer who specializes in whimsy, steampunk, and up-cycle fiber creations. You may find her wears in local craft show circuits such as the Indie Garage Show. Jesse is known to push boundaries in her costume design and is often inspired by Japanese pop culture.
|Eva Furcinito – Librarian! Tribal Fusion Dance; Hooper; Artist
Graduated from Syracuse University with a BFA in Fine Arts. Award winning in both painting sculpture and painting in juried shows. Eva is currently working on stage design and large scale installation for local and regional concerts and festivals. Other areas of notoriety include costume design and performance arts.
|K. J. Parker – Retired Pro Wrestler and Green Lantern Enthusiast.
When not being the Green Lantern for sector 2814, KJ Parker previously performed as a pro wrestler, magician, storyteller and all around entertainer, and is a big supporter of public libraries. KJ is proud to be a part of this year’s event.