Rules & Conduct
FANDEMICON is a family friendly event.
Everyone deserves kindness, respect and dignity.
Please let’s make this a fun, inclusive, and safe event for everyone!
Please adhere to a maximum PG-13 rating for any materials being sold as an Exhibitor and for any costumes worn.
Security will be on site for the duration of the event.
FANDEMICON staff and the Utica Public Library reserve the right to ban or remove any attendees who do not follow these rules or are creating a disturbance or hazard for other attendees.
ABSOLUTELY NONE OF THE FOLLOWING WILL BE TOLERATED:
- Any illegal activity or act.
- Any activity that is against Utica Public Library policies.
- Any harrassment of any kind. Any form of intimidation, threats, or violence towards others, whether verbal, physical, or electronic.
- Any form of hate speech, including any slur or remark intended to disparage, intimidate or harm any race, gender, sexual identity, age, race, color, ethnicity, nationality, religion, disability, physical appearance, veteran status, or interest in any specific fandom.
- Inappropriate or unwanted touching.
- Sexual language or gestures. Nudity and/or sexual images.
- Unwanted, covert or inappropriate photography.*
- Disruptive, destructive, or unsafe behavior that disturbs or endangers staff, attendees, guests, sponsors, vendors, or venue.
- Alcohol, drugs or tobacco products.
If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, please contact a staff member or volunteer immediately!
Costumes and Weaponry
Since FANDEMICON is a family oriented event, we ask that you consider this when choosing a costume to wear. Proper attire, will ultimately be approved by event staff and you will be asked to leave, or change your costume/clothes, if your costume is deemed inappropriate. A good rule of thumb: your costume should cover everything a bathing suit would cover and have family friendly language and imagery, and is not in any way sexually explicit. Please adhere to a maximum PG-13 rating for any costumes worn.
No weapons –prop weapons or otherwise– will be permitted. This will be strictly enforced.
This means if the character you are cosplaying would have a weapon that is integral to his/her costume, you may wish to consider another character.
*Note: Event staff, and possibly news media outlets, will be photographing the event. These photos may be used for promotional purposes by FANDEMICON or the Utica Public Library.